Our mission at Gilliam Springs Baptist Church is to glorify God by introducing Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord to as many people as possible and to guide them to Christian maturity.
GSBC is a cooperating Southern Baptist church with the following cherished beliefs:
- There is one God. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Who subsist in unity, and also as three separate, distinct Persons.
- Jesus Christ is God's Son. He was born of a virgin as both God and man, lived a sinless life, died to atone for the sins of human beings, was buried, arose from the grave, ascended into heaven, and will literally return to Earth.
- The Holy Spirit is the third Person of the Trinity, the Divine Helper, Assistant, Counselor, and Instructor; and His work is to reveal Christ, convict of sin, lead to repentance, guide believers, comfort, strengthen, and sanctify the individual.
- The Bible is God's Holy Word, without error, and is the sole authority for life.
- Human beings are the special creations of God, made in His image. They fell through the sin of the first man, Adam, and all human beings are sinners in need of salvation.
- Salvation is a gift through repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ. Every person who truly is saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ and will spend eternity in Heaven, while those who die in their sins will spend eternity in hell.
- Baptism is by immersion after salvation and is done in obedience to Jesus Christ's command.
- Each believer has direct access to God through Jesus Christ.
- The church is a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus Christ as the Head.
For more information please visit the Southern Baptist Convention website, where you may view the "Baptist Faith and Message."